Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2006 tc, sunroof refuses to work

• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    hello people that know what they're doing, i'm not one of you (at least when it comes to cars.)

my tc's suroof has been open for a very long time, on account of it's inability to be operated via the switch in the car.i tried fucking with the wire like some of the people on youtube, blew a bunch of fuses. i replaced the overhead lamp thingy, no cigar.

now i've replaced all of the fuses that blew, i still have the new overhead thing, and i can't find anything else on line to fix it. i'm kinda up against the wall on this, too, since the "rainy" season is starting in cali (as much of a joke as that is, my legal stuff needs to stop getting rained on.) does anyone have any tips and tricks i should use, or is it time to hit this with the fuck it adjustment and pull into a repairshop?
    flipxide wrote:
    hello people that know what they're doing, i'm not one of you (at least when it comes to cars.)

my tc's suroof has been open for a very long time, on account of it's inability to be operated via the switch in the car.i tried fucking with the wire like some of the people on youtube, blew a bunch of fuses. i replaced the overhead lamp thingy, no cigar.

now i've replaced all of the fuses that blew, i still have the new overhead thing, and i can't find anything else on line to fix it. i'm kinda up against the wall on this, too, since the "rainy" season is starting in cali (as much of a joke as that is, my legal stuff needs to stop getting rained on.) does anyone have any tips and tricks i should use, or is it time to hit this with the fuck it adjustment and pull into a repairshop?

as you say "the overhead thingy".. did that include replacing the board that contains the switch that operates the sunroof motor (open/close)? That small button switch on the circuit board is known to go bad over time. If you have a new one, install it. If you don't have a new circuit board, time for a new one.

Looks like you learned your lesson to stop playing with the electrical system

You could also go to a shop that knows electrical system well, they could jumper the switch to make your sunroof close, but it would stay closed until you fixed that board.
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: